HM Queen Letizia confers Spain India Council Foundation Prize
HM Queen Letizia of Spain conferred the Spain India Council Foundation Prize on renowned Bollywood Director Zoya Akhtar & Mr. Carlos Saura (Flamenco India) on 12 July 2016 at the Museo Arqueológico Nacional in Madrid. The ceremony was attended by Acting Minister of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation, José Manuel García-Margallo; Ambassador of India to Spain, Mr. Vikram Misri and the President of the Foundation, Mr. Antonio Escámez. The Spain-India Council Foundation Prize was awarded in previous editions to prominent personalities such as Composer Zubin Mehta and Chess Maestro Mr. Viswanathan Anand.
Director Carlos Saura has a deserved reputation in India and has been awarded at many film festivals. His interest in delving into the origins of flamenco in India has established new ways of cultural exchange between the two countries. His latest project, the show "Flamenco-India" is a clear example of this. Ms. Zoya Akthar is the director of "Zindagi na Milegi Dobhara", a Bollywood film set in Spain and magnificently portrayed this beautiful country for the Indian audience. This resulted, amongst other things, a considerable increase in the number of tourists’ footfalls from India to Spain in the last few years.
- HM Queen Letizia confers Spain India Council Foundation Prize
- 2nd International Day of Yoga was celebrated in Burgos, Spain on 26 June 2016
- "Yoga Week" celebrations and International Day of Yoga celebrations in Madrid
- 2nd International Yoga Day Celebrations in Extremadura, Spain on 21 June 2016
- Yoga Celebrations in the Autonomous City of Melilla, Spain
- Yoga Day Celebrations in Adeje, Tenerife, Canary Islands
- Odissi Performance by Ms. Madhavi Mudgal and team
- Sarod Performance by Amaan and Ayaan Ali Khan as part of India en Concierto 2016
- India en Concierto 2016 kick started in Madrid
- Dr. L. Subramaniam and Ensemble with Symphony Orchestra of Castilla y León presenting the New Year´s Concert
- "Subramania" in Madrid – II
- "Subramania" in Madrid – I